New Beginings offers confidential and free medical services for when you need to know for sure.
Our Pregnancy tests are 99% accurate. It is recommended to wait until the first day of the missed period to do the test, however, a pregnancy may be detected 3-5 days before the missed period under optimum conditions.
If you have a positive test at New Beginnings you may qualify for a limited ultrasound to determine if you have a live, uterine pregnancy.
Having a limited first trimester OB ultrasound to determine the status of your pregnancy is important to help you with the decision you must make.
- How far along am I in the pregnancy? (Gestational age of fetus by using measurements)
- Is there a detected heartbeat? (Cardiac activity)
- Is the pregnancy located where it should be? (In the uterus)
Even if you have a positive pregnancy test, over 30% of pregnancies end in natural miscarriage. An ultrasound will help determine if you have a viable (live) pregnancy. You will have access to a free ultrasound when you visit New Beginnings Women's Center.
STD/STI Testing and Treatment
New Beginnings provides testing services for STD/STI (sexually transmitted infections) for the following:
- Bacterial Vaginosis
If you test positive for one of these infections, treatment is available at no cost to you. Make an appointment.
Support Services for Pregnancy
Our trained client advocates are here to listen to your pregnancy concerns, help you find answers, and share all of your options. We will spend as much time as needed and you will not feel rushed or pressured to make a decision.
At New Beginnings we give you the opportunity to sit down with a trained client advocate or nurse to consider your pregnancy options and get the information you need. Receive clear and thoughtful education about pregnancy, abortion, alternatives to abortion, parenting and adoption. We want to help you move towards a positive decision with clarity and strength.
- Adoption Education: It is important to get the facts on the adoption process before making this decision. Adoption has changed over the years and now offers the birth mother several options of involvement with her child as well as power in choosing adoptive parents. Women considering this option are under no obligation or pressure to make an adoption plan, but can investigate and learn more as they desire.
- Parenting Education: If you are considering parenting, but feel that you may not be ready or lack the skills to raise a child, New Beginnings offers parental training, childbirth classes and material assistance for Mom and baby through our one-on-one mentoring program called Earn While You Learn. You will be able to earn items such as a car seat, crib, clothes, diapers and many other essential items available in our Boutique.
- Abortion Education: If you are considering abortion, it is important to know all the facts before making this difficult, potentially life-changing decision. Information on the various types of abortion are available to you, how they are performed, and any risks associated with them can be discussed. Your health and safety are very important. Having a sexually transmitted infection, such as Gonorrhea, Chlamydia or Bacterial Vaginosis, can increase a woman's chance of having a serious infection after an abortion procedure because the STD/STI can be introduced into the uterus during the procedure. STD/STI testing is available at no charge.
- We are here to listen and to help you. New Beginnings does not perform or refer for abortions. Our job is to help you get information that is vital to make your best informed decision.
Our Nurse will provide you with verification of pregnancy which may be used in your application to Medicaid.
Ongoing Support Services for Pregnancy
New Beginnings client advocates and nurses are here for you throughout your pregnancy and as long as you need or want our help after the baby is born. We have many connections with other community agencies and organizations. Let us know what you need and we will do our best to get you connected.
After Abortion Support
Whether your experience was last week or years ago, we are here to offer you our support through a recovery program - Forgiven and Set Free. Your appointment is completely confidential. We commit to help you, without judgment, as you look towards hope and healing.
New Beginnings offers the following confidential medical services.
Limited OB ultrasounds (as indicated)
STI testing and treatment